2ARMFM – 92.1– Armidale Community Radio is seeking a multi-skilled and enthusiastic person to join its team of volunteer workers/announcers etc. as Station Manager for 2022 to 2024
Station Manager 2ARMFM – Part Time Contract Position for 24 months
2ARM FM is a community radio station situated in Armidale, a University City serving a large rural area on the Northern Tablelands of NSW. The Armidale Regional Council area has a population of approximately 29500. The station has been broadcasting for over 46 years to Armidale, Walcha, Uralla, Guyra and surrounding areas. It is volunteer based, and is a member of the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA).
This is a flexible position, for 20 hours a week which involves administrative tasks, managing broadcasting operations, day to operations, organising and inducting volunteers and assisting the Management Committees in its implementations of its Strategic Business Plan and compliance to the various regulatory authorities that determine our operational responsibilities. The successful applicant should have experience or an interest in media and communications, with high level interpersonal skills, be prepared to work with volunteers and be adaptable to cope with many day to day challenges of a community radio station. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing the station’s sponsorship base. Reporting to the President/Secretary of 2ARMFM’s Management Committee, the position offers the opportunity to engage with the Armidale community and increase community participation in its broadcasts and operations. This position, at times will require attendance at Management Committee Meetings and General Meetings of the Community Radio Membership group and other community activities involving 2ARMFM.
The position is by contract and has an hourly remuneration rate of $40 per hour plus superannuation – Working days and arrangements are to be negotiated.
• Understanding of and commitment to the aims of Armidale Community Radio and
community radio broadcasting
• Ability to converse and use a range of media forms eg social media to communicate with
the stations volunteers, membership and the stations community.
• Excellent time management skills with capacity to manage multiple tasks, deadlines and
self directed work flows.
• Capacity to work with, to organise and assist volunteers.
• Facilitate community engagement activities with community organisations, sponsors,
members and volunteers including station promotional events and publicity
• Preparedness to undertake training.
• The ability to devise strategies to improve the measurement of our listener community
support for 2ARMFM in the Armidale/New England licence area.
• Computer usage experience required with skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, databases
and email and text communications software and hardware.
• Will need to have a current NSW Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain a
WWC check from Services NSW).
• Experience in fund raising and attracting sponsorship and advertising
• Knowledge of Armidale and surrounding areas
• Event management experience
• Sales experience
• Experience in community and stakeholder liaison
The Application requires you to provide the details of two referees who will be consulted if required to verify your suitability for the position of Station Manager at 2ARMFM.
Enquiries from potential applicants about the position of Station Manager at Armidale Community Radio can be directed to Peter Crick, Secretary – 2ARMFM Management Committee on 0458713230.
Click Here to apply for the position of Manager – Armidale Community Radio -2ARMFM
Alternately you can contact the Secretary by email at email@example.com to request an application be emailed to you.
Completed Applications with the requested details are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to be mailed to Armidale Community Radio – 2ARMFM, PO Box 707, Armidale NSW 2350.
Closing Date for applications COB Friday August 26th.